Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Translation status

Level 3

Hi all ,

I created a translation project and I have clicked the option to START for the translation to start . Once the translation is completed I was able to see the status as ready for review on the translation provider side . But on the AEM side only when I open the translation project  only then translation status is changing to ready for review or else it  will  still say translation in progress . Any idea on this one .?

version AEM 6.2 SP1

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Actually this is not the case here, when you triggered start translation, a workflow is triggered via ajax request, which performs machine or human translation based on choice. Lets say if we wait for the response of workflow to update state of translation then the ajax request has to be halt for infinite time, until someone act on the workflow, that is not a good practice thats why translation status doesn't change without refreshing page. On page load current status is loading and showing based on state of translation job.

I hope this will help you to understand the translation job status displaying on page load.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

did you try refreshing page?

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Hi Arun thanks for responding .

Status change can be seen only upon opening the project and some time refreshing the page . Use case here is when ever the translation is completed and sent back to AEM expectation is status gets updated from translation in progress to ready for review.

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Actually this is not the case here, when you triggered start translation, a workflow is triggered via ajax request, which performs machine or human translation based on choice. Lets say if we wait for the response of workflow to update state of translation then the ajax request has to be halt for infinite time, until someone act on the workflow, that is not a good practice thats why translation status doesn't change without refreshing page. On page load current status is loading and showing based on state of translation job.

I hope this will help you to understand the translation job status displaying on page load.

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Hi Arun, Thanks for the response. But, the problem we're facing here is unless we refresh the page, the status of project remains 'In Progress' in JCR repo. So, we try to run the query to get which all the projects are completed or in progress, then it shows most of the projects in progress. On refreshing the page the status is being updated but what I'm not able to understand, shouldn't it be complete when response comes back from translated agency and it automatically change/update the JCR property instead of refreshing and then checking. Regards, Vijay

Community Advisor

Hi Vijay,

where are you checking status in JCR? I checked the /etc/workflow/instances/server0/2018-09-17/sync_translation_job jobs and can see status COMPLETE without refreshing pages.

Arun Patidar