Expand my Community achievements bar.

Translation rules issue in case of multiple fileReference dialog items in single component

Level 3

Hi Team,

We have lot of components which has multiple file reference dialog items as per the requirement. While using the Language copy feature in AEM63 instance, I am stuck with our scenario.

I have followed the steps explained in the following article: Identifying Content to Translate

Problem statement:

1. We have a custom AEM component with 3 html5smartimage xtype dialog items with different fileReferenceParameter values.
  2. Where as, while creating the site for English, author has configured 3 different images from en folder from dams
  3. There is a requirement of creating a language copy of German site from the above said English site
  4. For this multi-site requirement, I have added the required resourceType and assetReferenceAttribute under the assetNode section of the Translation rules console.
  5. As there are duplicate values in my resourceType as highlighted in the below snap, my asset translation is not happening properly. The asset translation is happening for only one dialog value, which appears at the last in my translation rules xml file.

Is there any work around to overcome this issue? Is this behavior says, the OTB Asset translation will allow only one asset dialog field per component? Any pointers please!

1545293_pastedImage_2.png

Thanks,

Dinesh kumar L

1 Reply

Level 3

Hi All,

Day care support team has confirmed that, this behavior is the limitation of the product's OTB feature. I have created a custom asset translation workflow to meet our scenario.

Thanks!