Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Translation of Design Data

Level 10

Usecase:

Footer component is authored to have the content in the footer in the design mode so that its applied across the template. As this gets stored under /etc/design/<project>/template

What is the best approach to translate these design level content so that the respective language data can be pulled from its language copy sites.

Regards,

Lokesh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I would manage the footer as content and inherit the footer content using an iparsys. With this approach you can easily manage a dedicated footer per site.

Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi Lokesh,

Just some thoughts:

First & foremost, Does all multi-lingual websites have common design & does every site keep their footer design content in the same design?. If it is yes, I guess, we should think through how to organize multiple site footer content based on their language.

Let's assume if we did categorize different website footer content based on language, how are we planning to send this content to translation service?. Is it custom integration?. If yes, you have to take care of many things ( from sending content to translation to pulling translated content to CRX + setting their design).

Jitendra

Level 9
Hello Lokesh, I am curious to know how are you proceeding on this issue and did you find any feasible approach?. ---- Jitendra

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I would manage the footer as content and inherit the footer content using an iparsys. With this approach you can easily manage a dedicated footer per site.

Jörg