Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

Translation job creating language copy in wrong location

ben_hp
Level 2
Level 2

If we have a page like /content/site/en/foo and we create a language copy like /content/site/pt/foo. We translate that language copy and everything is great.  Sometimes though when we look to add a sub page, say /content/site/en/foo/bar, instead of adding creating it at /content/site/pt/foo/bar like we expect, the translation job will create it at /content/site/en/foo/pt/bar like it doesn't understand where to put the new page.  We don't see anything abnormal about the node structure of the pages and the only solution we've found is to delete /content/site/pt/foo and recreate it from the top on down.  Anyone experience anything like that?

Language copy translations
2 Replies
vanegi
Employee
Employee

When creating a language copy, do you select "create structure" only or you initiate a translation job directly?

 

Capture.JPG

 

Also I see, on creating a translation job of page containing sub-pages, it asks to include child pages as well at the time of submitting the job. So, the child page /content/we-retail/us/ja/experience/arctic-surfing-in-lofoten will be created under the master language copy "/content/we-retail/us/ja/experience" if you create the language copy as a structure here.

 

Capture.JPG

ben_hp
Level 2
Level 2
We usually set up the translation project first and then add pages to it. The first time we do that it works fine. Sometimes though, around 20% of the time, when we add a newly created page to the language copy we see this behavior. This is also only an issue when we update a language copy. So in your example up above we can create the initial language copy like you have. But then later on we create a new page, say /content/we-retail/us/en/experience/camping-in-the-outback, that we want to translate to /content/we-retail/us/ja/experience/camping-in-the-outback. Updating an existing language copy like that is when we're seeing the issue and we'd see content created in something like /content/we-retail/us/en/experience/jp/camping-in-the-outback