Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Translatable checkbox in content fragment models

Community Advisor

Hi,

According to this document, if we select translatable checkbox for properties while creating content fragment model, it will automatically gets added in translation rules.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/assets/content-fragments/co... 

kishorek1264980_0-1623918254941.png

May I know where it is getting persisted ?

I am not able to find under Translation Configuration UI(Tools -> General -> Translation Configuration) or in below xml file.
/conf/global/settings/translation/rules/translation_rules.xml

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 6

@Kishore_Kumar_ : Which AEM version are you using..?As i do not see the option in AEM 6.4 (Check the reference image2 below) and I do not think it will automatically translated. If you want to change the different content for other language then just create the variation from the master copy.

kchaurasiya_0-1623924669186.png

Image2- Content Fragment Model - ( i do not see the translatable checkbox in AEM 6.4)

kchaurasiya_1-1623924831491.png

Thank You.

Community Advisor
and also i guess the translatable checkbox is to automatically add the properties in translation rules. So that when we do machine translation cfm properties will be eligible.

Level 6
@kishorek: Ohh ok Actually content translation is done by some third party tool and as you said you using the machine translation in that case they would have given this custom property to the author for the auto translation only as based on the check box selection. Because this property is not available OOTB. I think you can try to check that checkbox and save the model then check whether this is updating in the content fragment or not. Thanks

Community Advisor
yeah i checked it, but it didn't work for me. So raised this query here

Level 6
@kishorek: I think that you need to check internally whoever developed the checkbox functionality. As this is not in OOTB . I can suggest you one think if you want create the same content fragment in other language that you can achieve this through the content Fragment Variation and it is a manually process. Thanks