Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Transient Workflow - Not showing in Workflow Model List (under Start Workflow)

Level 2
We created custom workflow. And selected "Transient Workflow" checkbox. This is just simple workflow (without any approval steps etc) - just to replicate content from author to preview publisher on modification. 

What we observed was - this workflow is not appearing in workflow dropdown list 

Is this true that a workflow will not appear in this workflow dropdown if we made that workflow "Transient Workflow" ?

We wanted to make this Transient workflow so that it helps in performance.

Thanks for help.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Transient workflow setting is not related to workflow model list.

Can you validate properties of workflow, any tags or other properties added to workflow?

Thanks

Dipti

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hello Rohit,

No, the transition setting has nothing to do with workflow dropdown.

The logic of this is coming from:

/libs/cq/gui/components/coral/common/admin/timeline/events/workflow/datasources/models/models.jsp

Did you add any tags to this model? If yes, please remove the tags and try again.

Regards,

Vishu

Level 2
Hi Vish - Thanks for quick reply. No we do not have any tags in the modal. Also I tested same approach of removing the "Transient Workflow" checkbox on 2 separate AEM Environments and in both Env after removing the CHECKBOX of TRANSIENT WORKFLOW it started working. Can this be AEM bug ? I really want to use Transient Workflow for performance reasons.

Employee Advisor

Hello Rohit,

I tried on my local 6.5 instance and the transient setting didn't make any difference. Could you please tell me the exact version of your AEM? I will give it a try again.

Level 2
Hi Vish - You were correct. There was "tags" property set to "dam" - which was causing this workflow not to appear in workflow listing. Once i made "tags" attribute BLANK - it started appearing.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Transient workflow setting is not related to workflow model list.

Can you validate properties of workflow, any tags or other properties added to workflow?

Thanks

Dipti