Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Track Clicks on Smart Banner

Level 2

Hi All,

I have Smart Banners deployed on my sites via AEM but I do not know a way how i can measure clicks on it. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Lee

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi,

Once you sign up you'll get a affiliate id. Enter your affiliate ID in the Smartapp Meta Tag as shown below

<meta name="apple-itunes-app" content="app-id=311507490, affiliate-data=at=11m7as&ct=website_smartapp"/>

Where at=(Your affiliate ID) and ct=[campaign type(enter any text here for your reference)]

at and ct values with number of clicks will be shown on your PHG dashboard

Source:- javascript - Is it possible to track click throughs from iPhone Smart Banner - Stack Overflow

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Lee

Could you give more insight on your request ? When you say Smart Banner , is that something customized or OOTB? Are you not using Analytics to track click events ?

Thanks

Veena

Level 2

Hi Veena,

The below is what we have implemented, it is being deployed through AEM

Promoting Apps with Smart App Banners

It does not load with the DOM and is more of an overlay and hence link clicks cannot capture this.

Thanks,

Lee

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi,

Once you sign up you'll get a affiliate id. Enter your affiliate ID in the Smartapp Meta Tag as shown below

<meta name="apple-itunes-app" content="app-id=311507490, affiliate-data=at=11m7as&ct=website_smartapp"/>

Where at=(Your affiliate ID) and ct=[campaign type(enter any text here for your reference)]

at and ct values with number of clicks will be shown on your PHG dashboard

Source:- javascript - Is it possible to track click throughs from iPhone Smart Banner - Stack Overflow

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

I realize that this is nearly a year old now, but there's a dearth of information on how to add Apple Smart App Banners to an AEM page.

We don't want the banner to appear site-wide, but rather just in a specific section. We have a service app, and limiting Smart App Banners to just the service portion of our website is considered sufficient exposure to the iPhone app.

Level 7

Hi. Can you please share how you implemented Smart App Banners for Android and Apple mobile devices on AEM?

Best regards, Ana