Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Touch UI Pathbrowser based on user permissions

Level 2

When a pathbrowser is opened, I want to display only the content nodes for which the user has access to. 

Currently, it displays all the content nodes under a rootpath.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Nithyasri_K 

When the pathfield is opened, the content path configured with "rootPath" property should be displayed. It should not be driven based on the content path that the user has access.

What is the use case that you want to restrict the content path based on the user permission?

Thanks!

Level 2
We have a business requirement, to restrict the paths shown in touch UI pathbrowser based on user permissions.

Community Advisor

Hi @Nithyasri_K,

I tried in my local 6.5.0 and could see both Coral UI 3 pathfield(granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield) and pathbrowser(granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathbrowser) respects path permission OOTB. 

Could you please share which AEM version and pathfield/browser resource you are using?

Level 2
I am using "granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathbrowser" in AEM 6.4.8

Community Advisor

@Nithyasri_K,

Can you cross check once with any specific user for behavior in AEM Sites console.

Ignore if you checked already.