Expand my Community achievements bar.

Touch UI field name

Level 4

I'm having trouble converting a classic UI dialog to touch UI. In the classic dialog the name of my field is "../../../../soldOut" since it's pulling the value from a different node higher up the tree. I've tried copying this into my touch dialog but it doesn't seem to recognise the path correctly and can't access the value from that node/property path.

Is it possible to implement a field name in this way in touch UI?

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Did you tried using the dialog conversion tool?

Dialog Conversion Tool - docs.adobe.com This will works

Thanks,

Ratna.

Level 10

See this article for a typical way of naming a Touch UI dialog field.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating your first Adobe Experience Manager Touch UI component

The name of a field is something like ./myName.

Hope this helps.

Level 4

I know the name is usually in the form of './myName'. In classic UI though, this is a bit more flexible and you can reference a property in a parent node, e.g. '../myName'. Is it possible to do this in touch UI?

Level 10

Never seen this in TOuch UI.  Best practice is ./<fieldName>.

Level 10

Hi,

The best practice is ./myName and ../myName is not possible. I too never seen in any Touch UI documentation.

I am very curious to know why you need ../myName - It is NOT possible

Ratna.

Community Advisor

Hi

When you say "../../../../soldOut"

Do you mean you had a name property something like ./a/b  . I know this kind of naming is possible but I am not aware of "../../../../soldOut" this way

I am also curious

Thanks

Veena

Level 10

According to the docs - this is not possible.  Even if it was - what is the advantage

Community Advisor

When you name a field like eg :- ./image/imgName  --> this will create a node image under currentNode and then in that node it will save the value of the field as imgName

We used to do this mostly with the image tabs .

But the way alistraip is mentioning about naming a property, even I am not aware ...

Community Advisor

I think you should use the standard formart of ./myName.

Try with Dialog conversion tool as well.

Regards,

Prince