Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Touch UI component placeholders are not coming after 6.4.8.1 upgrade

Community Advisor

hi guys,

We are using below div element and attribute to give some placeholder values to touch ui components. It was working fine.

<div data-sly-test="${!wcmmode.disabled}" class="cq-placeholder" data-emptytext="Some Placeholder Text"></div>

But after upgrading to 6.4.8.1(6.4.8.0 SP + CFP 1),  it is not working. Could anyone confirm on this please.

It is working fine in 6.4.8.0.

6.4.8.0 Screenshot

image.png

6.4.8.1 Screenshot

errr.JPG

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think this is a profuct bug, you will not see the placeholder unless you have editConfig(I think with cq:inplaceEditing node but not sure). 

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee

Can you share the detailed steps to replicate the given use case locally? 

Community Advisor

thanks vanegi, I have updated the screenshots for reference. Can you put this script in any of the component and try please.

<div data-sly-test="${!wcmmode.disabled}" class="cq-placeholder" data-emptytext="Some Placeholder Text"></div>

Employee

I have placed the script in /apps/core/wcm/components/text/v2/text/text.html and can see the same reported behavior in 6.4.8.1 patch.

<div data-sly-use.textModel="com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models.Text" data-sly-use.templates="core/wcm/components/commons/v1/templates.html" data-sly-test.text="${textModel.text}" class="cmp-text"> <p class="cmp-text__paragraph" data-sly-unwrap="${textModel.isRichText}">${text @ context =textModel.isRichText ? 'html' : 'text'}</p> </div> <div data-sly-test="${!wcmmode.disabled}" class="cq-placeholder" data-emptytext="Some Placeholder Text"></div> <sly data-sly-call="${templates.placeholder @ isEmpty = !text, classAppend='cmp-text'}"></sly>

Capture.JPG

Community Advisor
thanks vanegi i have added the steps how it goes wrong under arun comment

Level 10
I had a very similar issue recently, can you post your entire component HTL please?

Community Advisor
thanks theo, can you try putting the script in 6.4.8.1 and check please.

Level 10
Sorry I don't have a 6.4.8.1 instance ready-to-go. In order to help, I will need the entire HTL file for your component, not just this one line (unless this one line IS the whole HTL?)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think this is a profuct bug, you will not see the placeholder unless you have editConfig(I think with cq:inplaceEditing node but not sure). 

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

you got it.. thanks.. 

Till 6.4.8.0 below condition was there

It will allow us to have placeholder if we have editconfig but either with dropTarget or inplaceEditConfig or only having a edit config

But in 6.4.8.1

Condition is like to allow a placeholder if we have a editconfig either with dropTarget or inplaceEditingConfig. Edit Config without dropTarget/inplaceEditing is not allowed to have a placeholder.

So this need to be fixed i guess, It should allow to have a placeholder only with edit config node as well.