Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Tools repo for native windows

Former Community Member

Found this: https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/tools/blob/master/repo/repo

Is there a version of this for native windows? (no unix)

Having some issues with Vault, wondering if this might be better. But rather not convert to Windows if someone has already done this.

-Joel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

As mentioned in the readme and in the comment at the top of the script it works on Windows and requires cygwin with a couple of tool dependencies:

Windows with Cygwin (+ zip, unzip, curl, rsync packages)

These tools are crucial and AFAIK there are no simple replacements for them on a "barebones" Windows.

HTH,
Alex

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

I doubt there is other OS specific scripts for this. You may want to clone and make updates. 

Administrator

Agree with Scott, you would need to update it as per your OS needs.

I have also asked experts who created that project, if they have script ready.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi, Joel.

If you're interested only on sync'ing source files (.jsp, .css, .less, .html, ...) can you give VLT Sync a try?

But if you want to use some other features of https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/tools, you have a few alternatives:

Regards,

Daniel.

Correct answer by
Employee

As mentioned in the readme and in the comment at the top of the script it works on Windows and requires cygwin with a couple of tool dependencies:

Windows with Cygwin (+ zip, unzip, curl, rsync packages)

These tools are crucial and AFAIK there are no simple replacements for them on a "barebones" Windows.

HTH,
Alex

Former Community Member

Hi Alex,

I will talk to my management about writing a Windows version, but I expect they will just say to use Vault, and wait for issues to be resolved. I spoke to a friend in AEM engineering, he said they don't use Vault, they use repo, and it's much better.

Which is why I asked.

We are on Windows 7. The repo tool is only available via Windows 10 Bash tool, which will not be ported back to 7.

-Joel

Former Community Member

Hi Daniel,

Our main issue is with .content.xml, which VLT Synch doesn't handle.

But thanks for the suggestion.

-Joel

Former Community Member

Hi Daniel.

I'll give Cygwin a try...sorry...missed that.

Joel

Level 4

Ok. Don't sweat it smiley

Regards,

Daniel.

joell91868939 wrote...

Hi Daniel.

I'll give Cygwin a try...sorry...missed that.

Joel