Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Too many *WARN* in the log , when the the url is malformed

Level 3

Hi All,

In case one is hitting a malformed url we get a lot of WARN messages in the log. 

For instance, if I enter http://localhost:4503/content/geometrixx/en.html?p=|   (the last symbol is pipe) it's handled correctly but  I can see 19 WARN messages in the logs (attached)

What I can do about it to suppress those annoying messages in the log? or even have only 1 WARN message

Thanks in advance,

Yura. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi

Please have a look at this community article:

Link:-http://cq-ops.tumblr.com/post/78113074496/how-to-suppress-informational-log-messages-from

You can use the “Apache Sling Logging Logger Configuration” OSGi configuration at /system/console/configMgr to suppress a message such as follows:

28.02.2014 01:55:05.596 *INFO* [Thread-1078954] com.corporation.generics.services.services.impl.GsaServiceImpl >>>>>> Entering the buildUrl method

1) Raise the “Log Level” threshold one step higher (from INFO to WARN)

2) In the “Logger” field, enter the name of the package causing trouble (com.corporation.generics.services.services.impl.GsaServiceImpl)

See below:

It takes effect immediately on saving - no re-start necessary.

Apache Sling Logging Configuration

Configure:

• Log Level and Log File, to define the location and log level of the central logging configuration (error.log). The level can be set to one of DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR and FATAL.
  • Number of Log Files and Log File Threshold to define the size and version rotation of the log file.
  • Message Pattern defines the format of the log messages.

For further information see AEM Logging and Sling Logging.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi

Please have a look at this community article:

Link:-http://cq-ops.tumblr.com/post/78113074496/how-to-suppress-informational-log-messages-from

You can use the “Apache Sling Logging Logger Configuration” OSGi configuration at /system/console/configMgr to suppress a message such as follows:

28.02.2014 01:55:05.596 *INFO* [Thread-1078954] com.corporation.generics.services.services.impl.GsaServiceImpl >>>>>> Entering the buildUrl method

1) Raise the “Log Level” threshold one step higher (from INFO to WARN)

2) In the “Logger” field, enter the name of the package causing trouble (com.corporation.generics.services.services.impl.GsaServiceImpl)

See below:

It takes effect immediately on saving - no re-start necessary.

Apache Sling Logging Configuration

Configure:

• Log Level and Log File, to define the location and log level of the central logging configuration (error.log). The level can be set to one of DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR and FATAL.
  • Number of Log Files and Log File Threshold to define the size and version rotation of the log file.
  • Message Pattern defines the format of the log messages.

For further information see AEM Logging and Sling Logging.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni