Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Toggle button in page properties

Level 7

Hi all,

Is there way to add a toggle button when configuring the page properties?

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 9.50.46 AM.png

For instance in this case, I like to drag and drop the assets to the slideshow, but there is no asset panel on the left side as the page detail does. I know fileupload has an assetpicker option, but it doesn't produce the same experience as the toggle button does. 

Thanks!

-kt

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kevingtan 
OOTB this is not possible , Generally we use path field instance of fileBrowser. But not sure if this can be implemented using assets selector https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/managing/asset-selector.html?la... 

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 7

Hi @arunpatidar ,

Thanks for your suggestion. I should have clarified more about the situation. When you open a page, you will see two icons , "Toggle Side Panel" and "Page Information" when hovering over them, on the top left corners. When clicking on the "Page Information" icon, you can select "Page Properties". Once you get into page properties, those two icons will be gone. I like to retain the two icons on the top left corner when staying in the properties page. The purpose of having these icons is being able to get the assets from the side panel. I wonder Switch can achieve that.

-kt

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kevingtan 
OOTB this is not possible , Generally we use path field instance of fileBrowser. But not sure if this can be implemented using assets selector https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/managing/asset-selector.html?la... 

Arun Patidar

Level 7

Hi @arunpatidar 

Got it. Thanks for the help. I am currently using the fileupload solution with less desired outcome. The beauty of side panel is that it has the amplified version of images, also, it only shows the assets that content editors have the permissions to view, saving the effort browsing the directories via assetpicker. 

Administrator

@kevingtan Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

@kevingtan Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni