Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

To set Default value in dilaog property

Level 3

how to set default value in aem6.4 dialog property . I have used "value" property but its not working .Is there anything else i need to add for default value .

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Verified this in 6.4 it works fine for me

<image

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathbrowser"

fieldDescription="Image"

fieldLabel="Image Path [Desktop]"

name="./image"

rootPath="/content/dam"

value="/content/dam/we-retail"/>

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

value should work, can you share your dialog xml? or try to add existing list component in we-retail site and check existing list core component's childDepth default value should appears

/apps/core/wcm/components/list/v1/list/cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/items/listSettings/items/column/items/setChildren/items/well/items/childDepth

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Is it possible to set default value in pathbrowser ? i m trying to set in default value in pathbrowser  filed

Level 2

Yes its possible to set a default value for the pathbrowser field. value property should work fine to set a default value.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Verified this in 6.4 it works fine for me

<image

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathbrowser"

fieldDescription="Image"

fieldLabel="Image Path [Desktop]"

name="./image"

rootPath="/content/dam"

value="/content/dam/we-retail"/>

Level 3

Here is my dialog.xml         <path

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/pathbrowser"

fieldLabel="Demo Path"

name="./path"

value="/content/default.jpg"/>

Level 2

Checked with the dialog snippet you shared value property works fine for me.dialog.png

Community Advisor

I've just checked, default value is working fine for pathbrowser for both Coral2 and Granite/Coral3 components.

Arun Patidar

Level 3

I dont know whats happening with me still its not working for me

Level 10

"Is it possible to set default value in pathbrowser:

You can set rootPath - that will act as the starting point when the user clicks the button in the component dialog. See the section titled ""Add the pathbrowser field to the dialog:

Building Experience Manager Components using Granite/Coral Resource Types