Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Timewarp Functionality CQ

Level 1

Hi,

I have created a component which uses some content from different page. As reference paragraph stores the absolute path of the referenced content, my component stores relative path. For example if reference component stores “/content/mysite/en_uk/home/jcr:content/par/hero/linktext”  then my component will store path “par/hero/linktext”.The reason for this is we have multiple sites and for each of them this page path can be different. So I have created full URL in the backend by using SlingRequest and determining its parent by using absoluteParent method.  But when I am using timewarp functionality the path returned is /jcr:System/42/56/34/5....." instead of "/content/mysite...", which is expected, but this breaks ,my logic. Is there an OOTB way to get the natural path starting with /content/mysite instead? 

Thanks

Mayank

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi mayank,

if your requirement is to only prepare the absolute path to the current resource, in this case "par/hero/linktext" then you can use other approach to. For example get the current page content resource path and then append the remaining path you already have as below

String jcrContentResourcePath=pageManager.getContainingPage(currentNode.getPath()).getContentResource().getPath();  //this will give you path till jcr:content of current page for example "/content/mysite/en_uk/home/jcr:content"

then just append what you have from component property "par/hero/linktext"

String absolutePath=jcrContentResourcePath+"/"+"par/hero/linktext";

I hope it will help you to resolve your issue. There are various way to achieve this using APIs

Thanks,

Pawan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi mayank,

Can you plz elaborate more... the usage timewrap functionality to retrieve the path? 

Thanks,

Pawan

Level 1

Hi Pawan,

I am using getAbsoluteParent() method using the sling request. But in timewarp request is keep on changing for every different version and if I see the path info of slingRequest it starts with "/jcr:system... " instead of "/content/geometrix...". This is causing problem when I am creating full URL in back end using absoluteParent method then appending some string to it.

Thanks

Mayank

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi mayank,

if your requirement is to only prepare the absolute path to the current resource, in this case "par/hero/linktext" then you can use other approach to. For example get the current page content resource path and then append the remaining path you already have as below

String jcrContentResourcePath=pageManager.getContainingPage(currentNode.getPath()).getContentResource().getPath();  //this will give you path till jcr:content of current page for example "/content/mysite/en_uk/home/jcr:content"

then just append what you have from component property "par/hero/linktext"

String absolutePath=jcrContentResourcePath+"/"+"par/hero/linktext";

I hope it will help you to resolve your issue. There are various way to achieve this using APIs

Thanks,

Pawan