Expand my Community achievements bar.

Timeline event

Level 4

How can I create my own event and use it instead of using Timeline Event in the code of comment.jsp in the path: /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/timeline/events/comment/comment.jsp

7 Replies

Level 10

Could you please explain your use case? What kind of event do you want to create?

Level 4

I checked the Comment.jsp file, which gets rendered in Timeline. It uses the Timeline event. I wanted to use the code of Comment.jsp somewhere else outside the Timeline, so how can I make it work without Timeline event. This is why I asked about other events.

The path for Comment.jsp is:

/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/timeline/events/comment/comment.jsp

and the code snippet is as such:

TimelineEvent event = (TimelineEvent) request.getAttribute("cq.gui.common.admin.timeline.event");

You will get a better idea if you check that code.

Level 4

Yes, you are right. After I checked the code in Comment.jsp file, I checked this API to understand Timeline event better. Is there any other way to get the event? Since, I am not working with Timeline rail, thus I wont get the timeline event. But I want to use the the same functionality of Comment which we see in Timeline.

Level 4

Well, I want to use the functionality of Comment, which we see in Timeline rail. But, I don't want to use the comment functionality in the Timeline. So, I wont be able to fetch the timeline event, which is being used in the code of Comment. Is there any other way to make it work?