Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

The public Adobe Nexus repository.

Former Community Member

Hello, Adobe folks!

What is the status on the public Adobe Nexus repository? I've seen it mentioned as "unsupported" or "unofficial", but your maven archetypes reference it, and so does Obtaining the Content Package Maven Plugin. Is Adobe committed to actually supporting this repository, or is it still "unsupported" although your documentation & tooling refers to it?

Also, officially supported or not, is there any chance you can fix your Nexus repository configuration so it's possible to proxy it? This would save you bandwidth, as well as insulate your customers against temporary repository outages (and, obviously, speed up our local builds since it's faster to fetch packages from our LAN...) (turned out to be a problem on our end, see my comment below)

Finally, have you considered supplying "Bill Of Materials" POMs for specific CQ/AEM versions - or are we supposed to extract all the bundle verisons ourselves? I know we can use the Archiva Servlet to extract the artifacts of a running CQ/AEM instance, but this seems like a bit of a hack... and needs manual cleanup anyway, since it dumps everything in the OSGi container, and has a whole bunch of duplicates because of fragment bundles.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

I am not an Adobe employee so I can't answer the questions about the support of the repository (in fact if you want an official answer I'd recommend submitting a Daycare ticket) but a couple of comments:

• There is a bill of materials PM available (http://repo.adobe.com/nexus/content/groups/public/com/day/cq/cq-quickstart-product-dependencies/). A version for 5.6.1 hasn't been produced so I think that goes to your commitment question. As of yesterday this dependency was failing the checksum comparison but that was a relatively new problem - last Friday it was working. 
  • The repo does support proxying - I am not sure of the technical details, however I know our internal repo proxies request and caches stuff from repo.adobe.com, as do a number of my clients. What issues are you encountering when attempting to proxy? 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

I am not an Adobe employee so I can't answer the questions about the support of the repository (in fact if you want an official answer I'd recommend submitting a Daycare ticket) but a couple of comments:

• There is a bill of materials PM available (http://repo.adobe.com/nexus/content/groups/public/com/day/cq/cq-quickstart-product-dependencies/). A version for 5.6.1 hasn't been produced so I think that goes to your commitment question. As of yesterday this dependency was failing the checksum comparison but that was a relatively new problem - last Friday it was working. 
  • The repo does support proxying - I am not sure of the technical details, however I know our internal repo proxies request and caches stuff from repo.adobe.com, as do a number of my clients. What issues are you encountering when attempting to proxy? 

Former Community Member

Thanks a lot for your answer, orotas!

I decided to give proxying another try, since you state it works. Our Nexus repository status still says "In Service - Attempting to Proxy and Remote Unavailable" for the proxy entry, but it works now... I discovered the error was with our main pom.xml, and kind of embarassing: we referred to individual repositories on our nexus, instead of the public group (there's a lot of room for cleanups on this project! :)). I had - wrongly - assumed the problem was with the Adobe nexus, because of the error status on our nexus, and because the Adobe nexus isn't browsable.

Would still be nice hearing some official Adobe response on the other questions, though - and it would suit Adobe to answer those in public. But I guess we'll escalate to Daycare if they remain silent here - it's not nice having an important part of the business depend on something that's not officially supported :)