Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Test & Target Integration

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I'm trying to integrate Test&Target into AEM version 5.6.1 And even though there is some documentation available I fail to make it to work.

What Im trying to do is I want to add "A-B Testing Banner" that will show one image to 50% of the visitors and another image to the other 50%.

Following are the steps I took to get it to work but still got the first image shown to everyone.

1. Add T&T to Cloud Service.
  2. Go to Websites -> MySite and add Cloud Service created in step 1.
  3. Go to Tools -> Segmentation and add new segment "50% Segment" - identical to 50% segment in Geometrixx
  4. Go to MCMAdmin and create a Brand and Campaign
  5. Add an Image to myHomepage
  6. Right-click the image -> select Target. In overlay select Campaign created in step 4. Then Click on "+" and add "50% segment" created in step 3.
  7. Change the Image for "50% segment"
  8. Go To SiteAdmin and Activate the site then check publish node - only default image is displayed no matter how many times I refresh the browser or use another browser or device....
  9. Also tried to RightClick on the Image -> Experiences -> Click on Gear -> Set Engine: Adobe Target, Strategy: Random, Accurate Targeting: True. Still same outcome....

Am I missing something?

EDIT: I also noticed that my "50% Segment" has a note saying: "Data loaded in the Client Context do not resolve the current segment." - have a look at the picture.

Screenshot: http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/46/55x7.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi,

You say you added the T&T cloud service to your web page, however this is incorrect. You must ALSO configure your campaign to use the T&T cloud service configuration. After you do that, in the campaign properties, on the Adobe Target tab, select AB..N campaign type.

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/administering/integrating_with_adobe_marketing_cloud/test_and_...

If you have created a framework for your T&T cloud service, you would associate the framework with the page. The framework merely configures which parameter data is send to Adobe Target for tracking purposes, though.

The way you set up the segmentation and the Target component seems correct. 

So, remove the cloud service from the page, add it to the campaign, and see if that works.

scott

EDIT: The cloud service needs to be added to the page as well as the campaign! I crossed out and added words to the above as necessary.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi,

You say you added the T&T cloud service to your web page, however this is incorrect. You must ALSO configure your campaign to use the T&T cloud service configuration. After you do that, in the campaign properties, on the Adobe Target tab, select AB..N campaign type.

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/administering/integrating_with_adobe_marketing_cloud/test_and_...

If you have created a framework for your T&T cloud service, you would associate the framework with the page. The framework merely configures which parameter data is send to Adobe Target for tracking purposes, though.

The way you set up the segmentation and the Target component seems correct. 

So, remove the cloud service from the page, add it to the campaign, and see if that works.

scott

EDIT: The cloud service needs to be added to the page as well as the campaign! I crossed out and added words to the above as necessary.

Former Community Member

Thanks Scott, "select AB..N campaign type" is what I left out... Works now!!!