Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Template not showing up in sideadmin

Level 5

Hi Team,

Templates are showing up in homepage but when i try to create a page in 4th level , template are not showing up...

template name : test template

example -  sitename/sitename/region-name - its showing a test template to create a page

sitename/sitename/region-name/home -  Its not showing up here.

kindly suggest....

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Just to check, which version of AEM are you using?

If 6.2 the following might be of interest - especially as there are now static and editable templates. Editable templates are new and have different properties to the static templates:

And if 6.1 then the following:

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Did you specified allowedParents property in your template?

~ Prince

Community Advisor

or Additionally you can specify allowedPath property to /content/sitename/sitename/region-name/.+

Please check if it works.

~ Prince

Level 5

Hi Prince,

OK , I will try it...but when i checked the other templates which is currently showing under sitename/sitename/region-name/home is not having any property called allowedPaths in jcr:content.

Need to check any other config??

Community Advisor

Hi Sathya,

As of I know templates are controlled through:

cq:allowedTemplates

allowedParents

allowedPaths

allowedChildren

Please check with these properties.

~ Prince

Level 5

Hi Prince,

None of the properties are configured in templates but it still appearing on  sitename/sitename/region-name/home 

But when I create a new template with /content(/.*)? is not appearing 4th level hierarchy..

Correct answer by
Employee

Just to check, which version of AEM are you using?

If 6.2 the following might be of interest - especially as there are now static and editable templates. Editable templates are new and have different properties to the static templates:

And if 6.1 then the following:

Community Advisor

Hi,

are you checking these properties in jcr:content as you mentioned above?

please specify allowedPaths prperty in template level only.

~ Prince