Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Template Creation

Level 4

Hi,

How developer can create nodes like (par,colctrl,gear-header) in template creation? Normally while creating pages, using sidekick we can drag drop into parsys but how can we do in case of template creation?

PFA image for FYR.

Regards

Krishh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Krish, 

Do not get consfused by the content.xml, the link I shared to just to share the concept to you.

Now coming to you,

Just go to apps/templates/xyz_template/jcr:content/

and create nodes of type nt:unstrtucture

In every node you need to assign properties as well as sling:resouceType

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Krishh,

These are default node, usually you can create these node under apps/templates/xyz_template/jcr:content[------].

These node are automatically created under page which you can create using above template

They are also called boiler plate templates.

Take a look @ http://adobeaemclub.com/creating-page-boilerplate-nodes/

Level 4

edubey wrote...

Hi Krishh,

These are default node, usually you can create these node under apps/templates/xyz_template/jcr:content[------].

These node are automatically created under page which you can create using above template

They are also called boiler plate templates.

Take a look @ http://adobeaemclub.com/creating-page-boilerplate-nodes/

Hi Edubey,

Thanks for the info. I can't see any template.custom.xml under (geometrics_outdoors/templates). If u see the attachment those nodes are from template only not from the page.

Regards

Krishh.

Level 8

If you're looking in CRXDE Lite, you won't see the template .content.xml files - those are stored in your code base and serialized when sent over to AEM.  If you create a package in Package Manager that contains the "templates" folder for Geometrixx Outdoors, you'll see that in each of the template directories there is a .content.xml file, and in that file you'll see how the default nodes/structure can be added.

Level 4

leeasling wrote...

If you're looking in CRXDE Lite, you won't see the template .content.xml files - those are stored in your code base and serialized when sent over to AEM.  If you create a package in Package Manager that contains the "templates" folder for Geometrixx Outdoors, you'll see that in each of the template directories there is a .content.xml file, and in that file you'll see how the default nodes/structure can be added.

Hi Leeasling,

Thanks for the info. How can I create a template using crxdelite with all the node as inputs (similar to page creation by drag and drop components from sidekick).

Or Do I need to follow reverse engineering like create .context.xml file with all the info and create template?

If I go with reverse order, how to create a template from (.context.xml) file.

Pls don't mind, if my question looks silly :)

Regards

Krishh

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Krish, 

Do not get consfused by the content.xml, the link I shared to just to share the concept to you.

Now coming to you,

Just go to apps/templates/xyz_template/jcr:content/

and create nodes of type nt:unstrtucture

In every node you need to assign properties as well as sling:resouceType