Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Teaser Component

Level 3

Hi,

Can you please let me know can we include teaser component in welcome.html page in AEM 6.0?

If yes, can you please let me know how? Actually, I want to personalize my welcome page based on specific users. For example, if myself logged in with my credential, I shall only see the DAM admin link in my welcome page. Rest links should be invisible for me. While, if admin logs in, he can able to see all the links.

Kindly help me on this.

Regards,

Kaustav Majoomder

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks bsloki!!

I tried and it works perfectly! How can we achieve the same thing in Touch UI mode? Any Idea?

Regards,

Kaustav Majoomder

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Kaustav,

You dont have to use teaser component for the same.

You can create the groups and give the permission which you want to show/hide in welcome.html and add the users in that group. refer [1]

[1] http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/configuring-the-welcome-console.html

Level 3

Thanks bsloki for the help!!

My doubt is, suppose I have removed the SiteAdmin access for one user. Now, when he will login in the AEM, will the SiteAdmin link visible in his welcome.html, or it will be invisible for him?

Regards,

Kaustav Majoomder

Level 10

It will be invisible for him if you make the necessary ACL changes as per the document referred in my previous comment

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks bsloki!!

I tried and it works perfectly! How can we achieve the same thing in Touch UI mode? Any Idea?

Regards,

Kaustav Majoomder

Level 10

Hey Kaustav,

I think you can achieve the same in Touch UI mode by controlling the permission for the nodes under [1]

[1] /libs/cq/gui/content/common/links

Level 3

No bsloki... for the Touch UI  it's not working sad...

Regards,

Kaustav Majoomder