Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

TarMK v/s JDBCMk Recommendation

Level 2

Hi,

With the release of version AEM 6.1, JDBCMk for support of RDBMS have been introduced. We are planning to move on AEM 6.1 and want to decide which option is best. We want to move to JDBCMk for the below mentioned reasons.

1. Reduced data redundency - The repository will not be maintained on each server explicitly.
  2. Easy Scaling - Scaling the publish instances would be just creating the server and installing AEM and adding it to replication agent.
  3. Cleaner Architecture
  4. Ability to add and store custom data with RDBMS and mapping using sql queries.

Can you please advise the advantages, disadvantages for helping us making a decision

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

RDBMK is not generally available at this time -- it is being made available to a limited number of customers with qualified use cases. You should work with your account manager, support, and consulting to evaluate whether or not your use case qualifies.

I can say that none of the reasons you have given are considered significant drivers for using RDBMK, but again, that is a discussion best had with your support team at Adobe.

In terms of #4, however, you can do that today and is orthogonal to the question of what MicroKernel you use -- AEM has always been able to access a database with custom services and components.

Regards,

Justin

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

RDBMK is not generally available at this time -- it is being made available to a limited number of customers with qualified use cases. You should work with your account manager, support, and consulting to evaluate whether or not your use case qualifies.

I can say that none of the reasons you have given are considered significant drivers for using RDBMK, but again, that is a discussion best had with your support team at Adobe.

In terms of #4, however, you can do that today and is orthogonal to the question of what MicroKernel you use -- AEM has always been able to access a database with custom services and components.

Regards,

Justin