Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Target users based on cookie value

Level 3

We have integrated with target using the experience fragments approach. Now, There is requirement to targets users based on the cookie value in the browser. Do we have any approach apart from Target Audience Based on Cookie Value  mbox approach?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can go with script reference segment.

Configuring Segmentation with ContextHub

which will uses js to register segment with clientlibs of category 'contexthub.segment-engine.scripts'

There is utility to interact with cookies i.e. ContextHub.Utils.Cookie

ContextHub Javascript API Reference

Example :

ContextHub.console.log(ContextHub.Shared.timestamp(), '[loading] contexthub.segment-engine.scripts - my-audience-segment.js');

(function() {

var getMySegment = function() {

var axes4="retail";

var segAxes4=false;

/*  if (ContextHub.Utils.Cookie.exists("axes1")) {

segAxes4=true;

} */

if((ContextHub.Utils.Cookie.getItem("axes"))==axes4){

segAxes4=true;

}

return segAxes4;

};

/* register function */

ContextHub.SegmentEngine.ScriptManager.register('My-Retail-Segment', getMySegment);

})();

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can go with script reference segment.

Configuring Segmentation with ContextHub

which will uses js to register segment with clientlibs of category 'contexthub.segment-engine.scripts'

There is utility to interact with cookies i.e. ContextHub.Utils.Cookie

ContextHub Javascript API Reference

Example :

ContextHub.console.log(ContextHub.Shared.timestamp(), '[loading] contexthub.segment-engine.scripts - my-audience-segment.js');

(function() {

var getMySegment = function() {

var axes4="retail";

var segAxes4=false;

/*  if (ContextHub.Utils.Cookie.exists("axes1")) {

segAxes4=true;

} */

if((ContextHub.Utils.Cookie.getItem("axes"))==axes4){

segAxes4=true;

}

return segAxes4;

};

/* register function */

ContextHub.SegmentEngine.ScriptManager.register('My-Retail-Segment', getMySegment);

})();

Arun Patidar

Level 3

I think the response is purely driven from AEM end. I'm looking for a solution with adobe target integration.

Community Advisor

Yes, this is purely ContextHub based targetting. Not sure why you want to do with adobe target.

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Activity,Audience and everything would be in target. We have control the content based on the browser cookie.

Community Advisor

ok, then you can post similar question in adobe target community, if they can help.

Arun Patidar

Level 1

give some examples regarding cookie based targeting, how to store values in cookies and getting back user data from cookie,

provide any reference links or examples to redirect a page based on location.

Level 2

I hope, it will be really helpful for any location. As I read being in the UK information about it, it was written like at https://ejemplius.com/muestras-de-ensayos/contabilidad/ . But it wasn't available from France. I am not sure, what was it connected to. But it is not too complicated to fix this problem, yes?

Level 2

Muchas gracias por su respuesta con información útil. Estoy muy contento de saber más al respecto.