Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Target language is not showing single language code

Level 8

Hello Team,

When I try to create language copy under language-masters, during the Target Language selection, for many language, this is not showing single word for language. I was expecting single words for German, French. Where as for Spanish, this shows single word: es.

How to resolve this issue? Thanks

language-copy.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

These are country and region based ISO codes, so you are bound to see multiple entries for German, French etc. For e.g de_at is Austria German, de_ch is Swiss German and so on. 
The supported languages are located at /libs/wcm/core/resources/languages or at /apps/wcm/core/resources/languages (if you have overlayed it) So you can cross check the languages there.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Mahesh_Gunaje 
Which version of AEM are you using? I can see same in 6.5

arunpatidar_0-1724340743671.png

Arun Patidar

Level 8

Hi @arunpatidar 

I am using AEM sdk: aem-sdk-2024.8.17465.20240813T175259Z-240700

Note: For Spanish, I can see single word: es  Could you please check for German, French, Italian

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi @Mahesh_Gunaje 
Yes, I can see that in cloud as well.

arunpatidar_0-1724398037035.png

Please check if you already have language copy for those languages

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

These are country and region based ISO codes, so you are bound to see multiple entries for German, French etc. For e.g de_at is Austria German, de_ch is Swiss German and so on. 
The supported languages are located at /libs/wcm/core/resources/languages or at /apps/wcm/core/resources/languages (if you have overlayed it) So you can cross check the languages there.

Hope this helps.

Level 8

Thanks @h_kataria  for your reply. In my project, team has overridden the language nodes under: /apps/wcm/core/resources/languages 

Here, there is no node(single entry) for German, French, Italian

Thats the reason, I am not able to see the necessary option. Thanks for your help.