Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Tags / Target integration - Benefits of Adobe IMS

Level 1

Hello,

We are currently reviewing our integration of AEM (on prem) & Adobe Tags / Target. Currently, we use a front-end integration for Tags, and Target is loaded through Tags, which seems to be a classic and recommended integration pattern.

However, looking into the documentation, integration through IMS is also extensively documented:

Tags : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-learn/sites/integrations/experience-pl... 

Target : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-65/content/sites/administering/integra... 

While I understand the technical process of setting up an IMS integration, its advantages are still unclear. The only I could clearly identify is pushing content / XP fragments to target.

Are there any other advantages of IMS integration ? In particular, any that improves the A/B test loading ?

Thanks,
Mélanie

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, 

Let me make sure I've got this right: you're currently using Tags (formerly Launch) to load Adobe Target via the legacy configuration instead of IMS, and you're wondering if there are any advantages to using IMS. Generally speaking, whether you use IMS or the legacy setup, you'll likely see similar results. Even when exporting XF to Target, you'll still need the legacy configuration. So, your AB testing outcomes and the interaction between AEM and Target won't be affected either way. However, it's worth noting that IMS is the latest and recommended method for connecting Adobe products. It adds an extra layer of security and simplifies how Adobe Products are linked together. While I can't say for sure if the legacy configuration will eventually be phased out (and if it does, it probably won't be anytime soon), it's usually a good idea to stick with what's recommended (IMS).

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, 

Let me make sure I've got this right: you're currently using Tags (formerly Launch) to load Adobe Target via the legacy configuration instead of IMS, and you're wondering if there are any advantages to using IMS. Generally speaking, whether you use IMS or the legacy setup, you'll likely see similar results. Even when exporting XF to Target, you'll still need the legacy configuration. So, your AB testing outcomes and the interaction between AEM and Target won't be affected either way. However, it's worth noting that IMS is the latest and recommended method for connecting Adobe products. It adds an extra layer of security and simplifies how Adobe Products are linked together. While I can't say for sure if the legacy configuration will eventually be phased out (and if it does, it probably won't be anytime soon), it's usually a good idea to stick with what's recommended (IMS).

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Level 1

Thank you for your answer ! 
In a nutshell : our current integration is legacy and we should set-up IMS, which is recommended. Benefits of IMS : security + simplicity.
Simplicity -> I guess the front-end integration needs script version updates which are not required with IMS.

Some elements are still unclear to me :

• Could you please elaborate on this ? "Even when exporting XF to Target, you'll still need the legacy configuration." 
    • If my integration is through IMS, the legacy configuration shouldn't be needed anymore right ?
  • How does IMS improve security ?
    • Once a website page is generated and cached, everything is executed in the front-end, Tags (Launch) and Target scripts included. What am I missing ?

Community Advisor

Sure,

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante