Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Tags as Options in DropDown

Level 6

Hi,

On the metadata schema editor, we have dropdown and tag field types.

We have a structure of tags that we'd like to use as options in the dropdown. Is it possible?

If not, is it possible to say a "Base Path" for the tag component? So we can specify where the tags can be taken from.

Is there any documentation about metadata schema customization? I mean to add new properties to the field types or create new ones to be used in the metadata.

Any inputs are welcome.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Level 6

Hi @edubey,

Thanks for the links.

The second one is closer from what I want.

By the second one I saw I can specify the rootPath and then when opening the Tag Picker it displays only the tags under the rootPath.

But if the user starts typing it suggests other tags outside this rootPath.

I'm using AEM 6.1 this is for Touch UI on metadata schema.

As i could see I think i need to create a custom callback for the typing event, and another servlet to suggest only tags under the root path.

Thank you so much for the help.

Level 10

Yup,

A custom call back would be good with a servlet.

Level 1

can you share the sample code for callback. Do I need to override the js file also, for implementing the callback functionality as currently it is using the autocomplete callback for type event on pathbrowser field.