Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

System console configMgr is not accessible in higher environments

Level 5

Hi ,

In AEM as a cloud service, system console configMgr access is not allowed, If this is the case then what is the point of OSGI configurations?

It is as goog as having constants rights? because we can not change the values directly from the console.

If I want to check any OSGI configuration values, How would I check ?

In my case I need to check 'Adobe Granite HTML Library Manager' OSGI configuration.

Thanks,

Ganesh

+91-9380201140

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

OSGI settings always were deployment settings, and you should version-control them.

Runtime settings should be set in different ways, e.g. using Context Aware Configuration.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

Yes, we can check it from developer console but we can't change the values.

Then we can't call them as configurable anymore.

Employee Advisor

You have read-only access to certain functionality via the Developer Console, but never write access. This is by design to avoid adhoc changes, which are almost impossible to trace.

If you want to change OSGI configuration, you have to deploy them via a run of pipeline.

Level 5

What is the reason for blocking write operations ?

That means OSGI configurations are as good as constants right?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

OSGI settings always were deployment settings, and you should version-control them.

Runtime settings should be set in different ways, e.g. using Context Aware Configuration.