Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Sync External Users within AEM

Level 10

Hi All,

We have the login component on the page that is only specific to Health care professionals. Whenever user logs in, it will be authenticated on the different database.

I am using the Rest web-service for user authentication and I am getting the user details in the form of JSON response as per the example below.

{serviceResponse={"returnCode":0,"errorMessage":null,"resultPrincipal":{"id":"B12297E6-4E94-9848-E7E0-7D99F9916076","attributes":{"gender":1,"Cegedim_security_level":1,"userType":"XXXX","login":"ratna1.kumar@gmail.com","profession":"OTHER","postalcode":"411028","UID":"B12297E6-4E94-9848-E7E0-7D99F9916076","country":"IN","professionalPhone":"8378063385","firstname":"Rohit","email":"ratna1.kumar@gmail.com","name":"Nagare","city":"Pune"}}}, httpResponseCode=200}

Now I need to sync these user details within AEM. Can anyone tell me how to implement it or how to proceed.

Thanks,

Ratna.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Once you pull the user data from a database - you can use the Jackrabbit API to create users and even groups in AEM

Scott's Digital Community: Using Jackrabbit UserManager APIs to create AEM Users and Groups

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Once you pull the user data from a database - you can use the Jackrabbit API to create users and even groups in AEM

Scott's Digital Community: Using Jackrabbit UserManager APIs to create AEM Users and Groups

Employee

Hi Ratna,

is the page being restricted in AEM using a CUG to force login or is all the login functionality implemented front end only? (If front end, what happens if the user disabled JS, do they still see the page?)

You could write a custom authentication handler to creation of the user with the response from the web-service call.

Regards,

Opkar