Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Switching from Edit mode to Preview mode and vice versa in Touch UI

Level 10

Hi Team,

Is there any issue in Touch UI, while switching from Edit mode to Preview mode? The issue is that, the page is not refreshing while switching from any of the modes.

But the refresh happens when changing the modes in Classic UI from Edit to Preview and Vice versa.

Can anyone let me know, Whether this is an issue in Touch UI or its the normal behavior in Touch UI.

Thanks,
Ratna Kumar.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Ratna,

As Lokesh pointed out that both UI's are designed with different frameworks. Don't think this is an issue. It is a good design. Author often complains that on each action, page gets refreshed.

To make things work correctly in classic UI, page refresh was needed like we add add cq:listeners at the component level for edit, drop event etc. However, The Granite UI framework does not need it.

Jitendra

Ratna Kumar wrote...

Hi Team,

Is there any issue in Touch UI, while switching from Edit mode to Preview mode? The issue is that, the page is not refreshing while switching from any of the modes.

But the refresh happens when changing the modes in Classic UI from Edit to Preview and Vice versa.

Can anyone let me know, Whether this is an issue in Touch UI or its the normal behavior in Touch UI.

Thanks,
Ratna Kumar.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Ratna,

Classic ui and touch ui are built on different frameworks (extjs n granite ui resp) and the way both works may not be the same. Unless the mode is changing without any issue in touch ui, weather it refreshes or not shudnt be a worry.

Is there any particular reason why the page shud be refreshed when the mode is changed?

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Ratna,

As Lokesh pointed out that both UI's are designed with different frameworks. Don't think this is an issue. It is a good design. Author often complains that on each action, page gets refreshed.

To make things work correctly in classic UI, page refresh was needed like we add add cq:listeners at the component level for edit, drop event etc. However, The Granite UI framework does not need it.

Jitendra

Ratna Kumar wrote...

Hi Team,

Thanks,
Ratna Kumar.