Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Support parallel maven builds for Multi-tenancy in AEM as Cloud service

Level 6

Hi All,

Is there a way to achieve parallel builds to speed up the deployment if there are multiple unrelated multi-tenant submodules within a single full stack pipeline?

Like I build tenant-A along with tenant-B instead of doing sequentially? Any inputs will be of great help.

Thanks,

Ram

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @rampai 
Cloud manager does not perform parallel executions.

If any existing deployment is running then Cloud manager waits for further deployment which are in pipeline and run only the latest deployment(which suppose to be including all the previous commits) and reject the others intermediate deployments.

Example : 

Deployment Running : 1

Deployment in Pipeline : 2,3,4,5

Deployment Running Next: 5

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @rampai 
Cloud manager does not perform parallel executions.

If any existing deployment is running then Cloud manager waits for further deployment which are in pipeline and run only the latest deployment(which suppose to be including all the previous commits) and reject the others intermediate deployments.

Example : 

Deployment Running : 1

Deployment in Pipeline : 2,3,4,5

Deployment Running Next: 5

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Hello @rampai,

Hope you are doing good.

By tenant if you mean separate project/codebase/repository, you can achieve that by git submodules, where you can setup a parent by empty maven project where you reference all the tenant projects under modules (the in the pom) and then you add all these project's git repositories (urls) as git submodule. So one parent project will be deploying as many tenants as you want.  

See if this makes sense: https://medium.com/tech-learnings/git-submodules-merge-the-content-of-multiple-branches-across-git-r...

Please let me know if that serves your purpose.