Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Styles are not working in inplace editing

Level 2

Hi,

I have added custom styles in RTE plugins. I am able to select them on the dialog configure and inplace editing. But They are only getting applied when authored through dialog configure. Same is not working on inplace editing. But They are displaying properly on the page in both case.

Please help to address inplace editing issue.

Thanks,

Raja

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Inplace editing/dialog configuration open in different contexts and do not consider css/js included in your template. Though, you can use externalStyleSheets [1] in RTE configuration to specify project-specific styles to be used in edit mode.

1. Navigate to the root node of your text component, for example /apps/<myProject>/components/text.

• Name externalStyleSheets
    • Type String[] (multi-string; click Multi in CRXDE)
    • Value(s) The path and filename of every style sheet you want to include. Use repository paths.

Add the property externalStyleSheets to the parent node of <rtePlugins-node>:

2. Save all changes.

[1] https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/operations/configure-ric...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Inplace editing/dialog configuration open in different contexts and do not consider css/js included in your template. Though, you can use externalStyleSheets [1] in RTE configuration to specify project-specific styles to be used in edit mode.

1. Navigate to the root node of your text component, for example /apps/<myProject>/components/text.

• Name externalStyleSheets
    • Type String[] (multi-string; click Multi in CRXDE)
    • Value(s) The path and filename of every style sheet you want to include. Use repository paths.

Add the property externalStyleSheets to the parent node of <rtePlugins-node>:

2. Save all changes.

[1] https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/operations/configure-ric...