Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Style system for nested component

Level 2

hello team,

i m embedding a component inside another component using data-sly-resource. I m not getting style system options for the embedded component. However when we include the component directly then style system comes.

How to enable style system??? i have tried decoration=true but it didnt work.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would agree with @EstebanBustamante It seems to be probably related to policies. You can try copying the embedded component's policy once under your parent component's policy node to check.

Structure would look something like this : 

Parent component
  parent component policy

embedded component

embedded component policy

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

Check the policies of the component, most likely the policies are not applied to the embed component. 

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would agree with @EstebanBustamante It seems to be probably related to policies. You can try copying the embedded component's policy once under your parent component's policy node to check.

Structure would look something like this : 

Parent component
  parent component policy

embedded component

embedded component policy

Administrator

@sirishap9577191 Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni