Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Style not appliying to text component

Level 2

Hi all, I'd like to ask for your help with this, thanks in advance for checking it.

I have a text component on a template:

pixeldvx_0-1668617522833.png

I added a style to it:

pixeldvx_1-1668617552983.png

The style is showing in the style menu

pixeldvx_2-1668617586985.png

I select the style:

pixeldvx_3-1668617613076.png

But after selecting and enter in the Style menu again it appears unselected and the style never applies to the component.

I tried with other components adding fake styles and those apply, the issue happens only in the Text component.

Thanks for your support.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @pixeldvx ,

Please ensure if the applied style's id matches as the style id in the policy.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 2

Hi Santosh, thanks for your reply.

It matches, but the odd thing is that if I put, for example, in a List component the style "fake" in the policies and then I select it in the authoring it works, I mean, it applies the style and adds the class in the HTML to the component, but in this case for the text component I just can't select the style on the menu because it always switch to unselected automatically.

Community Advisor

Hi @pixeldvx ,

Check this article which explains step by step to have custom styles added to the component.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/authoring/siteandpage/style-system.htm...

Hope that helps!!!

Level 2

Thanks for your answer Manikumar, however I already checked that, and other documentation and the bug is only with the Text component, I guess is something not related to the style itself but to the component or the platform, I don't know and don't have any clue.

Employee Advisor

Hi @pixeldvx ,

Not sure which version of core components are you using, but could you check if the issue still exists with the newer release, you can find it here:- 

https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/releases 

Regards,

Nitesh