Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

style for selection

Level 4

Hi,

Is there a way to set a style on each item of a selection component?

[img]style.png[/img]

The properties style, labelStyle and bodyStyle don't work.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

yes, you can use 'cls' property, but the it won't add styles on drop down. This class will be added to the parent div of it. So you need to target that particular drop down div.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Level 10
Correct me if I am wrong....you want to apply color to the drop down items in style. Its possible , but then you have override the default behavior and apply your custom behavior in richtext files....       

Level 10
Thanks for clearing.... #CQ x-combo-list-item {color:red !important;} Place above css in you client lib which gets loaded in edit mode      

Level 10

It should work, you can highlight the text you want and select the style so that it applies the style only for the selected content.

Level 4

Hi, thanks for the replies

it's just coincidence that under the selection there is a richtext. The style selection isn't the style plugin of richtext, it's a simple selection component.

I want to replicate the same approach of the style plugin of richtext with another selection component.

Level 4

Doesn't exist the possibility to add the style as property?

Level 10

I understand the behavior od Styles drop down in RTE,

Now when you say, "you want to replicate this behaviour" what do you exactly mean. Are you planning to add one more drop down in richtext like styles?

Level 10

Can you provide the usecase in detail or the steps you want to do so that we can address this better.

Correct answer by
Level 10

yes, you can use 'cls' property, but the it won't add styles on drop down. This class will be added to the parent div of it. So you need to target that particular drop down div.

Level 4

Well =) , richtext has nothing to do to my problem and you can ignore the word style. I have a selection component with 3 entries. For example i need to color the first entry to red. It's only this my problem.

Level 4

Well i think that first element blue, second green and third red will be a nightmare =)

Level 10

might be, as aem does not give any property to color those. But its possible to override default css and write your own as previously I mentioned.

Level 10

Can you please provide more details - the CQ version and the steps you did to get here so we can attempt to reduplicate. Need to see if there is an issue or bug.