Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Strikethrough Plugin for RTE

Level 1

Does AEM RTE has a strikethrough inbuilt plugin? If not how can i implement in my project with out using styles.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

See the styles functionality in this community article:

[img]heroComponent.png[/img]

here is the article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-aem-multifield-components.html

TO make it easier - we have provided the hero component in the article. It uses the strikethrough plug-in. 

You can download it, deploy it, and look at how it works. Read the article that explains it. Experiment with the different plug-ins too for the RTE. 

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

See the styles functionality in this community article:

[img]heroComponent.png[/img]

here is the article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-aem-multifield-components.html

TO make it easier - we have provided the hero component in the article. It uses the strikethrough plug-in. 

You can download it, deploy it, and look at how it works. Read the article that explains it. Experiment with the different plug-ins too for the RTE. 

Hope this helps

Level 10

Hi Pradeep,

We have to use style but that can be added to RTE. Please refer [1] to implement the same

[1] http://blogs.adobe.com/contentmanagement/tag/custom-richtext/

Regards,

bsloki

Level 1

Thanks Bsloki for the reply.

I have other styles in place for changing the font-size. If I use style for strike-through, I cannot configure both at the same time.

Eg: Font-size : 42px and strike-through.

Any way we can accommodate both?

Level 2

The links shared are not working now. Can someone help me or share the links to enable strikethrough plugin. 

It is working for me in in-place editing full screen mode. But for dialog mode and dialog full screen i don't see the styles plugin in rte options even after adding the plugin.

Below are the steps performed. 

1. Created a node under <rte-plugins>/styles --> type : nt:unstructured
  2. Add property features and value as *.
  3. Create 'styles' node of type cq:widgetCollection.
  4. create individual style (in my case i created strikethrough of type nt:unstructured)
  5. Added below properties
    1. cssName [String] : strikethrough
    2. text[String] : strikethrough
  6. Added the same plugin in cq:editConfig which enabled the styles in in-place edit full screen mode as shown below.

Trying this in AEM as a cloud service SDK local instance. Attached the screenshots for reference. Please help me out in getting styles plugin in dialog mode and dialog full screen.

edit dialog mode - not working.pngin-place edit fullscreen -working fine.pngdialog full screen- not working.png