Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Stored Data into AEM jcr node from Other RDBMS

Level 2

Is there any way, We can stored the data into AEM jcr node from any RDBMS?

6 Replies

Level 10

Could you share more details about the use case?

Do you mean that you want to move data from RDBMS into jcr? Are you talking about a single row/blob file or entire database?

Level 10

You need to create a custom service that uses SQL to pull data from the relational database and updates the JCR. As Gaurav suggests - the details of how you do this depend on how much data. For example - if you want to move data from a single table to the JCR, you would need to read the data from the table and then decide where in the JCR you want to place the data. You could for example, create a new node at a specific location for each database record.

Level 10

ALso - assume you want to pull data from MySQL. You can use a DataSourcePool to help you setup a connection. See this article for information about creating a custom AEM service that uses a DataSourcePool to set a connection to MySQL:

Scott's Digital Community: Querying MySQL data using an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 DataSourcePool

As you can see here - the custom service queries data from MySQL and then displays the data in a component view. Likewise, you could store in the data in the AEM JCR using the JCR NODE API.

Level 10

I'm not sure why would you want to do that. In any case, you need to understand your requirements/use cases in depth and pros/cons (essentially relational database vs jcr features) of what you plan to do. There is no automated tool available to simply lift and land database into jcr.

You'd need to identify "detailed" requirements, create a design, data model, taxonomy, site structure and other aspects and follow the sample implementation as mentioned by Scott and create a full-fledged app for same.

Reference link -

DavidsModel - Jackrabbit Wiki

Level 2

Hi Gaurav

I am new to AEM and will be working with AEM as a cloud service version for a migration project where the current implementation is not on AEM. In current implementation MySQL DB is used to store static data that is referred by the workflows to drive business logic. It is not content data that has to be displayed on the website.

I am trying to understand if it is possible to migrate such data into JCR or if JCR is purely for the content that has to be displayed on the website? 

Is there any other service/product within the AEM as a cloud service that can be used instead of MySQL DB?