Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

statistics queries get deleted

Level 2

Our statistics queries tracking (/var/statistics/queries/) works for the day of, i'll see newly created folders for each search that happened that day and it's properties...  but in the next day or two when i look, the stats for the previous day are gone.

Does anyone else have this happening to them?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Out of the box it cleans up every day based on property value /var/statistics/@lastCleanUpDate & is expected. The service responsible is http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr/com.day.cq.statistics.impl.StatisticsServiceImpl
 & there is no configuration option.  Only workaround if you do not want to clean is keep updating the property lastCleanUpDate.   BTB clean up is done for a purpose & what is your use case?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Out of the box it cleans up every day based on property value /var/statistics/@lastCleanUpDate & is expected. The service responsible is http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr/com.day.cq.statistics.impl.StatisticsServiceImpl
 & there is no configuration option.  Only workaround if you do not want to clean is keep updating the property lastCleanUpDate.   BTB clean up is done for a purpose & what is your use case?

Level 2

i guess for us we were keeping the stats so we can have a report on the queries every month.  I don't necessarily understand the point of having the data cleared every day.  I'm not too sure what best practice would be for something like this... would it be that you setup a workflow launcher to reverse replicate this data back to author, but does it clean it up daily there as well?

Level 10

Sitecatalyst helps & preferred for your case. You do not need to configure reverse replication, you can configure in publish to post stat to author directly. Yes in author also cleans dialy & unfortunately no configuration option.