Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Spring Boot integration with AEM

Level 2

Hi All,

I have seen few documents on how to use Spring MVC with AEM , but could not find anything on how to integrate Spring Boot with AEM. Can Spring Boot be used with AEM ? if yes can you please share some useful links on how to do it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I guess, that it's possible, but I am not aware of any integration which is opensourced. On the other hand, it wouldn't be that hard to implement some custom Injectors to make the content of the HttpSession easily accessible within a sling model.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Why would you even want to use Spring MVC with AEM. AEM is based on SLING and OSGi, not Spring APIs. 

Level 2

We need it for session purpose . Is there any way to map Application's session with Redis using only AEM. Spring Boot provides special annotation for those.

Level 10

As stated - AEM is not a Spring MVC framework.  There are no docs from Adobe on this use case. Adobe recommends using Sling APIs - which is what AEM is built on - not Spring APIs.

The Basics

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I guess, that it's possible, but I am not aware of any integration which is opensourced. On the other hand, it wouldn't be that hard to implement some custom Injectors to make the content of the HttpSession easily accessible within a sling model.