Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

SPA App deployment with classic profile

Level 2

I am trying to deploy an SPA to AEM version 6.5.5 using the -Pclassic build profile, but at the end of the build process, I receive the following warning:

[WARNING] The requested profile "classic" could not be activated because it does not exist.

Am I missing something in order to include that profile?

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4
4 Replies

Level 4

Hello @mrobinson,

The AEM project archetype (https://github.com/adobe/aem-project-archetype) doesn't include the mentioned profile by default. In order to make your profile available for the build, it should be specified in the "profiles" section of your pom.xml. Please see the documentation for more details about profiles definition.

Regards

Level 2

Understood. Is there anywhere that has the full profile code? In the documentation, it provides some of it, but not all. There is a '...' which I assume contains collapsed code.

An additional Maven profile, named classic has been added to modify the build to target AEM 6.x environments:
  <!-- AEM 6.x Profile to include Core Components-->
    <profile>
        <id>classic</id>
        <activation>
            <activeByDefault>false</activeByDefault>
        </activation>
        <build>
    </profile>

Correct answer by
Level 4