Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Smart Crops getting cached on pages

Level 2

Hi,

I uploaded an image to my DAM and used it on a page with the default smart crops that AEM generated for my profile.

Now, I went back to DAM and changed some selection in the smart crop for one of my sizes where in for my small size smart crop I wanted to focus more on the object.

But after saving and re-publishing the image, the page still shows the old smart crop. If I hit the image url directly on the browser, then also it gives me the cached image, but if I append a query parameter to the url, it gives me the changed image.

Could someone please help?

Regards,

Ankush Dhingra

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@ankushd75501011 OOTB scene7 CDN will cache assets based on TTL. I remember it as 10 hours of browser cache and 1 hour of server cache.

As of I know you have couple of options,

Option1: if you have limited number of assets or limited number of authors, you can use scene7 classic ui now changes to desktop app to invalidate CDN cache..

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-64/assets/dynamic/invalidate-cdn-cached-co...

Option2: write a custom replication agent or replication preprocessor or sling job or replication event handler or workflow process step to perform programmatic cache clear.

Option3: while generating scene7 url append current timestamp as queryparam by which if we clear aem pagecache if it will fetch latest scene7 files across the page.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 2
No, there is no dispatcher. And the url of scene7 server is cached. Not the aem server.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@ankushd75501011 OOTB scene7 CDN will cache assets based on TTL. I remember it as 10 hours of browser cache and 1 hour of server cache.

As of I know you have couple of options,

Option1: if you have limited number of assets or limited number of authors, you can use scene7 classic ui now changes to desktop app to invalidate CDN cache..

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-64/assets/dynamic/invalidate-cdn-cached-co...

Option2: write a custom replication agent or replication preprocessor or sling job or replication event handler or workflow process step to perform programmatic cache clear.

Option3: while generating scene7 url append current timestamp as queryparam by which if we clear aem pagecache if it will fetch latest scene7 files across the page.

Hope this helps.

Level 2
ok, thanks for your answer Shashi, this is helpful. But there is no configuration to set this TTL ? If it is possible to change it somehow ?

Level 2

Just fixed this with the great support people of Dynamic Media. The issue was that the default invalidation template of <ID> only takes care of the main asset, and doesn't flush the smart crops. The solution was either to add the specific path to the required refocused smart crop in the confirmation dialog ("The following URLs will be invalidated in the CDN"), including the crop name, or to modify the template so that it mentions the main asset plus all possible smart crops:
<ID>

<ID>:crop_1_name

<ID>:crop_2_name

<ID>:crop_N_name

Edit: adding screenshots. Other instructions are standard, found under the link in the accepted answer.

Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 12.44.29.pngScreenshot 2021-07-22 at 12.47.04.png

Community Advisor
Happy to know the solution. Can you please publish more information for the sake of community, how you created invalidation template with screenshots if possible.