Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

SlingModel @ChildResource is not working

Level 4

Hi All,

I have a node called "entries" under the page. The "entries" node having some child nodes like entry1, entry2, entry3. The "entries" and child nodes "entry1" have been creating via code and I don't have any component for this. Now, I'm trying to access the "entries" node in a sling model but it's not working. Below is the screenshot of the node structure,

Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 12.08.19 PM.png

Below is the code,

@Model(adaptables = Resource.class, defaultInjectionStrategy = DefaultInjectionStrategy.OPTIONAL)
public class HistoryModel {

private static final Logger LOGGER = LoggerFactory.getLogger(HistoryModel.class);

@Self
private Resource currentResource;

/*@ChildResource(name = "entries")
private List<HistoryBean> entries;
*/
@ChildResource(name = "entries")
private Resource entries;

@ChildResource(name="entries",injectionStrategy= InjectionStrategy.OPTIONAL,via = "resource")
Resource child;

public Resource getEntries() {
return entries;
}

public Resource getChild() {
return child;
}

@PostConstruct
protected void postConstruct() {
//Nothing inside
LOGGER.debug("HistoryModel post construct Method().. calling..");
LOGGER.debug("HistoryModel entries.. calling..{}", entries);
LOGGER.debug("HistoryModel child.. calling..{}", child);

}

Tried with @childResource. In the log, I'm getting null. anything wrong in the code? Can anyone help?

@arunpatidar26 @smacdonald2008 @arunpatidar26 @Ratna_Kumar @kautuk_sahni @wimsymons @cqsapientu69896 @vanegi @Veena_Vikram @varuns7990 @Theo_Pendle

Thanks,

Vijay

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vijays80591732 ,

If this is not a component and you want to access it in Sling Model, then you can make use of a java class to read its child values and return in Sling Model in this way:

@Getter
@Setter
@Model(adaptables = Resource.class, defaultInjectionStrategy = DefaultInjectionStrategy.OPTIONAL)

@Inject
private List<WorkflowItem> workflowItems;

@Self
private transient Resource resource;

@PostConstruct
private void init() {
workflowItems = SomeUtilClass.getWorkflowItems(resource, "path to entries node");
}
}

And your Util Class method can have this code:
List<WorkflowItem>workflowItemsList = Collections.emptyList();
Resource workflowResource = resource.getResourceResolver().getResource("path to entries");
if (workflowResource != null && workflowResource.hasChildren()) {
workflowItemsList =
Lists.newArrayList(workflowResource.getChildren()).stream()
.map(child -> child.adaptTo(WorkflowItem.class))
.collect(Collectors.toList());
return workflowItemsList;
}

WorkflowItem class can be another Model class with Description and Message and other attributes as per your need.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vijays80591732 ,

If this is not a component and you want to access it in Sling Model, then you can make use of a java class to read its child values and return in Sling Model in this way:

@Getter
@Setter

@Inject
private List<WorkflowItem> workflowItems;

@Self
private transient Resource resource;

@PostConstruct
private void init() {
workflowItems = SomeUtilClass.getWorkflowItems(resource, "path to entries node");
}
}

And your Util Class method can have this code:
List<WorkflowItem>workflowItemsList = Collections.emptyList();
Resource workflowResource = resource.getResourceResolver().getResource("path to entries");
if (workflowResource != null && workflowResource.hasChildren()) {
workflowItemsList =
Lists.newArrayList(workflowResource.getChildren()).stream()
.map(child -> child.adaptTo(WorkflowItem.class))
.collect(Collectors.toList());
return workflowItemsList;
}

WorkflowItem class can be another Model class with Description and Message and other attributes as per your need.

Community Advisor

@vijays80591732 

try with 

@ChildResource(injectionStrategy = InjectionStrategy.OPTIONAL)

Collection<Resource> entries

Hope this will help

Level 4

Thanks Suraj for your inputs. I have created a component and calling that from template.html. Now, getting the current resource and fetching the child nodes.