Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sling Scheduler AEM

Level 1

Is it possible to create a job that we can run manually without any cron timings. Requirement is : we can go to schedulers and click on that scheduler to start the job.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello @shivamr95071309 

I have done this requirement recently, what we have is scheduler and one we have created the common utility class and service. and we are calling the utility and service  from the scheduler method.

Also for manual run we have created the workflow custom step and we have call the utility and service class in it. 

So here this both requirement is satisfied -- scheduler(for automatic call depends on cron) and workflow for manual run.

@shivamr95071309 please let me know if you needed more info in this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello @shivamr95071309 

I have done this requirement recently, what we have is scheduler and one we have created the common utility class and service. and we are calling the utility and service  from the scheduler method.

Also for manual run we have created the workflow custom step and we have call the utility and service class in it. 

So here this both requirement is satisfied -- scheduler(for automatic call depends on cron) and workflow for manual run.

@shivamr95071309 please let me know if you needed more info in this.

Level 1

So can have flow like :: Workflow Custom step --> Job trigger --> custom requirement. 

Community Advisor

Yes, Trigger with now() method of scheduler api.