Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Sling Model issue

Level 2

I'm facing very strange behaviour - I have created new bundle in existing project and implemented new Sling Model, bundle is deployed successfully and it is in Active state too but when I drag and drop component it is not resolving

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 4.38.25 PM.png

Can you help, what might be wrong here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @radhika_k,

While creating new bundle you might missed specifying Sling Model Package in your newly created bundle(pom.xml).

"To start using Sling Model you need to create a separate bundle for Sling Models, is not required but recommended & specify Sling-Model-Packages, a header in the bundle manifest."

If you navigate to your core bundle's pom.xml, you may see header called "Sling-Model-Packages": Please specify the exact package of your newly created bundle.

eg.

For maven-bundle-plugin

<Sling-Model-Packages>
    org.apache.sling.models.it.models,
    org.apache.sling.other.models
</Sling-Model-Packages>

For bnd-maven-plugin

Sling-Model-Packages:org.apache.sling.other.models

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @radhika_k,

While creating new bundle you might missed specifying Sling Model Package in your newly created bundle(pom.xml).

"To start using Sling Model you need to create a separate bundle for Sling Models, is not required but recommended & specify Sling-Model-Packages, a header in the bundle manifest."

If you navigate to your core bundle's pom.xml, you may see header called "Sling-Model-Packages": Please specify the exact package of your newly created bundle.

eg.

For maven-bundle-plugin

<Sling-Model-Packages>
    org.apache.sling.models.it.models,
    org.apache.sling.other.models
</Sling-Model-Packages>

For bnd-maven-plugin

Sling-Model-Packages:org.apache.sling.other.models

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh 

Level 2

@SantoshSai Thanks for your prompt reply! But I have simply copied existing core bundle and renamed packages didn't changed anything and both the bundles are in Active state. 

Community Advisor

@radhika_k Well! You renamed packages but forgot to specify (renamed package) header in

Sling-Model-Packages

pom.xml as I stated above, please check and specify it in core - pom.xml that should solve your problem.

Level 2

Thank you! It works, i can now see in Sling Model Adapter and solved.