Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Sling model exporters thrown MissingExporterException after upgrading to AEM 6.5.6

Level 1

Hi all,

After upgraded (in-place upgrade) from AEM 6.4.8 to AEM 6.5.6 our custom sling model exporters throw MissingExporterException when invoked with "model" selector.

org.apache.sling.models.impl.ExportServlet.com.myproject.aem.core.models.mobile.LanguageModel Could not get exporter jackson requested by model. org.apache.sling.models.factory.MissingExporterException: No exporter named jackson supports java.lang.String. at org.apache.sling.models.impl.ModelAdapterFactory.exportModel(ModelAdapterFactory.java:1348) [org.apache.sling.models.impl:1.4.10] at org.apache.sling.models.impl.ExportServlet$ResourceAccessor.getExportedString(ExportServlet.java:188) [org.apache.sling.models.impl:1.4.10]

All our custom exporters are using exporter "jackson" and extension "json"

We have around 40 exporters in the project.

All bundles required by this implementation are active

beatrices468990_0-1606999811961.png

The link to access Sling Models (/system/console/status-slingmodels) is missing from the system console

beatrices468990_1-1606999900700.png

My questions are:

1. in which cases this exception might be thrown?
  2. all our custom exporters extends a super class without a resoucetype, just to extend some common properties. Can this affect the models to not working properly?
  3. What should I check to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you,

Beatrice

1 Reply

Level 1

Hi all,

Update on this topic.

The issue was due to a dependency to jaxb-impl in our project, that somehow prevents the Sling Models from properly been initialized.

The issue was not systematically reproducible. 

The build was always successful and the bundle was in active status all the times.

I've replaced it with jaxb-core and this seems to have solved it.