Expand my Community achievements bar.

sling.max.calls: increasing this config to something large. what's the downside?

Level 8

as above. I want to increase this number but only in author.

Thanks for the help.

Edit:

- I'm having an issue with multifields. The author is entering a lot of stuff into the component.

- sling.max.calls was originally set to 1000 (which I believe is system default). I've raised it to 10000 and it works fine up to a certain point. I don't want to raise it again if it can be avoided.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

I think you can do it for author alone using osgi config, I don't see any impact except Author performance many impcated due to more calls to it.

Someone else also faced the same issue, here is the discussion

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-6-2-too-many-calls-sli... 

Arun Patidar

Level 8

Hi Arun, I think I already mentioned that I already increased that value to 10000. My question is not how I can increase it but what's the negative on increasing the number to a large one.

Thanks again.

Administrator

@jayv25585659 Did you find the suggestions from Arun helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 8

My question is not how I can increase it but what's the negative on increasing the number to a large one. (I already know how to increase the value as stated in my original post)

Community Advisor

The negative impact is performance if there are many concurrent users.

Arun Patidar

Administrator

@jayv25585659 

The sling.max.calls property is a safety mechanism to prevent infinite recursion or excessive resource consumption in Sling applications. It limits the maximum number of nested calls that can be made during a single request. The default value for sling.max.callsis 1000.

Increasing this value to a large number like 10,000 can potentially lead to performance issues and increased memory usage. Instead of simply raising the limit, it's important to identify and address the underlying cause of the excessive calls.

Kautuk Sahni