Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Sling Exception : wknd helloworld component

Level 2

Hello i am trying to follow the wknd tutorial on my aem local instance. I am trying to drag and drop the HelloWorld component on my page but i get the below error.

Shivam_S_0-1620602743177.png

I get the below error in my bundle when i checked, i dont know what how to fix this dependency.

Shivam_S_1-1620602824029.png

This is what it shows in depfinder 

Shivam_S_2-1620602883147.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Level 2
its AEM 6.5.0, i already checked the above 2 links, re installing core module didnt help and added dependency in core/pom.xml for sling as show in depfinder but still nothing changed

Community Advisor

Having the uber.jar in the matching version (your case it will be 6.5.0) to your AEM instance should resolve your issue. Can you check and confirm what uber.jar you are using ?

Reference: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/org-apache-sling-api-servl...

Level 2

It's currently this

<dependency>
<groupId>com.adobe.aem</groupId>
<artifactId>uber-jar</artifactId>
<version>6.5.5</version>
<classifier>apis</classifier>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

i need to downgrade to 6.5.0 right?

Level 2
How do i upgrade service pack? do i request a new jar from adobe?

Community Advisor

Hi @Shivam_S 

Looks like your code is using 6.5.5 uber jar whereas you are using AEM version 6.5.0. I will suggest to upgrade the AEM version to AEM 6.5.5.0.

Also you can see the project is also backward compatible with AEM 6.4.8 and 6.5.5 by adding the classic profile when executing a build. So make sure you have min of AEM 6.5.5.0

You need to ensure all the bundles are active in system/console.

Thanks!