Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Sling eventing -retry

Level 4

Hi,

I am using sling internal queuing mechanism and I have set no. of retries to 5. Still, my process is failing after 1st attempt.

Any pointers on this or is there any correct way to set this parameter "no. of retries".

My part of my xml is:

<jcr:root xmlns:sling="http://sling.apache.org/jcr/sling/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"
    jcr:primaryType="sling:OsgiConfig"
     projectstatus.job.retries="{String}3" />

Regards,

Shallu Rohilla

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Shallu Rohilla wrote...

Any inputs on if there is some hotfix for sling event jar version 3.1.4.

Not seen this in 5.6 Please file support ticket and attach all the logs & time frame you had issue. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Retry doesn't grantee all will succeed it will make an attempt & your implementation should complete it.  Per your configuration failing first time with surely make an reattempt until 5 times afterwards it stops.   Though projectstatus.job.retries looks like your custom implementation & make sure it is setting value correctly for job queue. 

Level 4

Hi Sham,

The behavior is very inconsistent. Sometimes it retries completely i.e. suppose if the value has been set to 5. It retries exactly 5 times. However sometimes even if the process is in the queue(I verified the node is being created under /var/events and still exists), it retries only once and twice and just stops with process node remaining as is in under /var/events. I also checekd the total number of retry count and it shows only 2 retry counts.

Regards,

Shallu Rohilla

Level 10

Shallu Rohilla wrote...

The behavior is very inconsistent. Sometimes it retries completely i.e. suppose if the value has been set to 5. It retries exactly 5 times. However sometimes even if the process is in the queue(I verified the node is being created under /var/events and still exists), it retries only once and twice and just stops with process node remaining as is in under /var/events. I also checekd the total number of retry count and it shows only 2 retry counts.

Which version ?   Do you have NPR-3728 (http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/cq561-available-hotfixes.html) installed already?   .  If aem version is not 561 & seeing issue after hotfix. Please file support ticket and attach all the logs & time frame you had issue. 

Level 4

Hi Sham,

Sorry for confusion but we are using Adobe CQ (5.6.0) and not 5.6.1 version.

Regards,

Shallu

Level 4

Hi Sham,

The sling event jar version that I am using is 3.1.4. However the hotfix consists of jar version 3.3.4 which is not supported by CQ 5.6.0.

Regards,

Shallu

Correct answer by
Level 10

Shallu Rohilla wrote...

Not seen this in 5.6 Please file support ticket and attach all the logs & time frame you had issue.