Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Skipping Git Cloud Manager Repository

Community Advisor

Hello Everyone,

We have a requirement related to cloud manager. so I wanted to get an understanding if we can achieve the below point -

Current Situation -
* We are currently hosting the repository in azure and later planning to switch on customer-based git repo.
* Lower environments deployment like dev, QA, Stage is handled by a client but for prod, stage artifacts getting picked by Adobe and they are doing the deployment.

Expectation -
* The client wants to do the deployment using the cloud manager but they don't want to host the repository in the git cloud.
* Once we run the azure or Jenkins based pipelines, it should create the artifact and deploy those artifacts into the git cloud but without the repository code.
* when we run the cloud manager pipelines, it should pick the artifacts from the cloud manager and install them into the cloud manager environments.
* Cloud manager code checks can be skipped because in the lower environment we are already doing it.

I know about hosting the repository (Adobe Managed and customer-managed) and keeping in sync.
but the requirement is a bit clear that the client doesn't want to host the repository in the git cloud.

Can anyone please help me if this is possible?

Thank you,
Prince

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Prince_Shivhare ,

I am not sure if I get your question completely but you can either use Cloud Manager Git independently or you have to sync customer code base with Cloud Manager Git.

I don't think you can skip the cloud manager git in AEMaaCS.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Prince_Shivhare ,

I am not sure if I get your question completely but you can either use Cloud Manager Git independently or you have to sync customer code base with Cloud Manager Git.

I don't think you can skip the cloud manager git in AEMaaCS.