Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Size difference between datastore on disk and AEM disk usage report tool.

Level 2

Hi all,

We currently have a problem on one of our AEM6.0 SP2 publish servers where there is a large difference in size between the size of our crx-quickstart folder (including datastore) and the size claimed by the AEM disk usage report. To be more concrete, our crx-quickstart folder takes up 89GB, of which 83GB is in use by the datastore. The AEM disk usage tool reports that we only are using 33GB. Please note that we did purge our completed workflows and audit logs. We also ran TAR optimization and BLOB data store garbage collection (we are running on CRX3 with a File Datastore). This only cleared up 6GB on our disk. Does anybody has an idea where the large difference in size comes from?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Simon

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Simon,

based on AEM 5.6, the disk usage report did not take into account the following: 

the tar journal, the lucene index, version storage, data store garbage and unoptimised TAR data.

I just looked at an AEM 6 SP2 instance and observed that a 4,GB instance on disk was reported as ~1.3GB in the disk usage report.

When was the last time you did a version purge, do your users create many different versions of their assets?

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Simon,

based on AEM 5.6, the disk usage report did not take into account the following: 

the tar journal, the lucene index, version storage, data store garbage and unoptimised TAR data.

I just looked at an AEM 6 SP2 instance and observed that a 4,GB instance on disk was reported as ~1.3GB in the disk usage report.

When was the last time you did a version purge, do your users create many different versions of their assets?

Regards,

Opkar