Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Sitemap is not generating using scheduler of apache sling sitemap

Level 8

I am trying to develop sitemap scheduler with apache sling sitemap, I just added this configuration in config.publish like this 

{
"scheduler.name": "My Daily Sitemap Scheduler",
"scheduler.expression": "0 0 2 1/1 * ? *",
"searchPath": "/content/dumysite"
}

This configuration I didnt add in dispatcher/src/conf.dispatcher.d/filters/filters.any file.

# Allow AEM WCM Core Components sitemaps

/0200 { /type "allow" /path "/content/*" /selectors '(sitemap-index|sitemap)' /extension "xml" } 

Do I need to add this configuration in order to generate sitemap.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

1. I just created scheduler configuration at /apps/weretail/config.publish/org.apache.sling.sitemap.impl.SitemapScheduler~weretail.cfg.json on author instance and published -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1650556679514.png

2. sitemap gets generated at /var/sitemaps/content/we-retail/us/sitemap.xml on publish instance as shown below as per scheduler timing-

DEBAL_DAS_1-1650556783964.png

Please check the json file name and searchPath at your end as @milind_bachani has suggested.

Please note that sitemap will be accessible from publish instance not from author.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Even I don't have dispatcher setup in my personal laptop but I am able to generate sitemap for we.retail(did the exercise).

Please refer Apache Sling Sitemap for AEM 6.5.11 and AEMaaCs – AEM Queries & Solutions (wordpress.com) and detail discussion Solved: Re: apache slign sitemap oak index - Adobe Experience League Community - 448358 it will help you.

Please let us know aem version with service pack.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

1. I just created scheduler configuration at /apps/weretail/config.publish/org.apache.sling.sitemap.impl.SitemapScheduler~weretail.cfg.json on author instance and published -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1650556679514.png

2. sitemap gets generated at /var/sitemaps/content/we-retail/us/sitemap.xml on publish instance as shown below as per scheduler timing-

DEBAL_DAS_1-1650556783964.png

Please check the json file name and searchPath at your end as @milind_bachani has suggested.

Please note that sitemap will be accessible from publish instance not from author.

Employee Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 ,

You dont need to change the dispatcher configs unless the dispatcher is giving 404 while on publisher you are able to access the sitemap.

The searchPath you are using , is it a valid path ?

Thanks.

Level 8

Hi @milind_bachani 

My site name is dumysite and I want to generate sitemap for the rootpage that is us page so that I given the path as /content/dumysite, is this correct?